Santa Clara County Model Aircraft Skypark
October 21, 2017, 06:23:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the SCCMAS Forums - Sign up and introduce yourself in the "General Forum"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings! semi new pilot here!  (Read 7177 times)
Rimmy
« on: December 03, 2010, 02:59:14 PM »

My name is Tim. I am a long time RC enthusiast, but mostly ground.

I have been flying my slow stick now for about 3 years, mostly at a local park.

Wed was my 30th birthday, and my friends all chipped in and bought ma a new plane. I now have a Dynam SR Trainer. its an electric foamie, but the quality is very nice.

I took it to my usual spot, and it is VERY fast, and I had a rough landing. no real damage, but its an eye opener for sure.

I am not used to high speed planes, and don't think my local park is big enough for this size bird.

I am looking to see what the local community is like. I'm not a rich man, so fee's and things are a concern of mine, but if I don't bite the bullet some time, I'll never leave the ground.

I was wondering what a good time to head to the field was for some tips? maybe even just watching. I have a 5 year old daughter who loves watching me fly. I would like to bring her along. best she gets into good habits early.

please let me know! thank you! -Tim
Mluvara
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 12:20:12 PM »

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the SCCMAS. You are always welcome to come out to the field to watch. It's typically open each day from 8:30am till dusk. The most popular days are Saturday and Sundays from 10am-2pm.

Michael
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: