Santa Clara County Model Aircraft Skypark
October 18, 2017, 10:45:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the SCCMAS Forums - Sign up and introduce yourself in the "General Forum"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Access road washed out!  (Read 692 times)
Skydanz
SCCMAS President & Founding Father
Administrator

Want me to get the radar?

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2017, 04:04:11 PM »

The year hasn't started off very well for the Tomcats field. As most of you know, the heavy rains have forced the release of water from Anderson Dam. This, in turn, overwhelmed the culverts at the entrance of our access road and washed out a significant portion of the roadway. Since this is the only entrance to the field, we've had to shut down operations until the road can be repaired. The board has been working hard to negotiate a timely repair. The County is well aware of the importance to restore access but water is still being released from the reservoir so no work will begin until the rain subsides and they feel confident that the dam is safe. I will continue to send out regular updates as I get the news. If you haven't been receiving any of my emails, make sure our roster has the correct address.
Until then, some of our members have actually loaded up wagons and made the 2+ mile trek into the field from the ranger station South of us.  Please keep in mind, no motorized vehicles of any kind are allowed on the trail. Only pedestrians, bicycles or equestrians. You can pull a wagon with your bike but all trail users must follow the rules posted at the trailheads.

The water is still turned off. The bathrooms are locked as well as the garbage bins. Bring out what you bring in.

I have not received any updates from the County on any plans for the repairs on when they may start. It could be months before repairs are completed. I'll keep sending out regular updates as I get them.

Don

Time spent flying is not deducted from one's lifespan.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: